*PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE US A NOTE (LINK LOCATED AT THE END OF EACH POST).

YOUR COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.


WE'RE STILL HERE!

I'm starting to become one of those slacker-blogger types I complain about. I'm always telling Brian how I wish so-and-so updated more often and wonder why some people always post in spurts. Well, let's call it like we see it folks - HERE I AM! Life happens and then blogging priorities quickly make its way down our to-do list. Never fear, though - we are back in the saddle and we're going to try to stay on top of things. Whether that means one post a week or a month - we shall see! So, without further adieu, here goes another catching up post!

August was a great month here in Ohio. Lots of humidity, sun, mosquitoes, swimming and hanging out with friends. The daily dialogue went something like this: "It is so hot and muggy here. Turn up the AC! Blasted frizzy hair! (After 20 min of playing on the playground with Brighton, Brian says) Let's go - I'm sweating. And plus Brighton's face is red." Followed by more sweating and complaining...

Be careful what you wish for! Today's morning news reported that by mid week the lows would be in the 40's! 40's? Arizona's lowest of lows isn't even that cold in the middle of January! Oh man, what did I sign up for?! Sure, it's no Siberia, but heck, the coldest place I've ever lived in was Texas. Sounds like an adventure to me! Well, as one girl here put it (which I though was so profound) "At least you'll have fun buying cute sweaters and jackets!" Oh...yeah!

Anyhow, enough with the jabbering. Here's the update:

Brian is still working and is loving it. His hours aren't as intense as Arizona, but the work is - in fact even more so. I won't bore you with the gross details, so you can ask him about any exciting stuff he's run into lately. And trust me, he's got some VERY interesting ones.
He also recently got called as a senior nursery assistant. Hee, hee. Gotta love that one!

As for me, I got called to be the Laurels advisor AND the ward photographer. How ironic is that? So, that's kept me very busy lately. Not to mention young. My head is spinning trying to keep track of what's "cool" these days. I'm still having fun with li'l b and doing the photography here and there. And still trying to get this place settled and somewhat esthetically pleasing. It's no IKEA showroom, but it'll do for the next three years at least!

Brighton is running around like that road runner from the Looney Tunes cartoon. He likes playing his piano and dancing, doing somersaults, jumping off furniture, eating watermelon and reading books. He does this routine pretty much every day! And the three words I hear constantly around the house are: "this!" "uh-eye!" and "Jesus!" He's finally learning his alphabet - slow start - but we're getting there! Last week he learned the letter B! Ahh...the life of a toddler. Eat. Play. Poop.

Here's a visual recap of last week:

Brighton reading his favorite magazine -


We decided to take a stroll in the park one afternoon. Brighton assumed the fountain was a big bathtub and tried to climb in.


Then he and Brian ran around for a bit. His little legs move faster than he can handle and he fell into a huge puddle of mud. As you can tell from this picture he is taking after me. Of course, Brian can't wait for all of the mud and bugs that come with being a boy.


And as usual, our adventure ended with a nice long bath. I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of his boy adventures to come!

No comments: