As usual, I plopped little b down for his afternoon nap. Nothing out of the ordinary. I tucked him in, gave him a book (for some reason he likes to read himself to sleep - don't we all?), and walked out. I heard him talking in the room for about 5 minutes, which is normal. And then it went silent for about an hour. Then, on cue, he started to call out for me to come and get him. As I opened the door, I instantly felt like something was different about the room. I picked him up and headed out of the room, when my foot felt a wet spot on the carpet. I knew exactly what it was. It was then that I looked down and noticed that he had taken out about half of his books from the bookshelf. I was SURE that I didn't leave the room like that. I checked inside his bed to see if it was wet and I discovered a picture frame (of none other than yours truly) inside. Ha! I had figured out the mystery. For those of you that don't know - little b sleeps in a playpen (because he could climb out of the crib at 12 months) so he won't hurt himself climbing out. With one fell swoop he whips his long legs up on the rail and voila' he's out! I laughed out loud because I knew what he had done. He climbed out of his playpen to read some books and of course, he somehow leaked on the carpet and then had the rational thinking to actually climb back IN and take a nap! What are we going to do? :) More to come - stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment