*PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE US A NOTE (LINK LOCATED AT THE END OF EACH POST).

YOUR COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.


TRICK OR TREAT - Ohio Style!

To finish off the pumpkin-picking, hay riding, cider-gulping, month of October - we participated in trick-or-treating twice this year. On top of the usual trunk-or-treat our church has, Ohio celebrates Beggars' Night, which is basically the original term for what is now trick-or-treat.

And whoa Nelly! Like I've said before, this place is rooted in traditions and holidays - big time. I think I started seeing Halloween decorations way before October came and then the other day, believe it or not, I saw Christmas lights on a few houses (and I'm not talking about the ones that leave the lights up all year)!

Anyhow, I have to say that this year's Halloween was straight out of a storybook. Brian's description was a little different in that he said it reminded him of the movie Halloween. To which he then started singing the spooky theme song. Hmm...authentic either way you look at it, I guess.

I didn't have time to sew little B a costume this year, so we made due with what we had on hand. But I don't think he would have cared either way. And unlike last year, by the third house or so, he got the hang of it.

He had so much fun going from house to house. And FYI - I highly recommend a wagon for hardcore trick-or-treating! We went until it was really dark and REALLY cold outside. We let him go past his usual bedtime, so he was extremely pooped at the end of the night. But the best part of all? He has no clue what candy is! I don't think we'll be so lucky next year...


Little B the aviator/the Red Baron complete with mustache...



A few of the little trick-or-treaters...



From our night out...




Making some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with my little skeleton...

No comments: