*PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE US A NOTE (LINK LOCATED AT THE END OF EACH POST).

YOUR COMMENTS WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED.


WE'VE GRADUATED FROM THE HALLWAY!

For the past year and a half, Brian and I have been busy with this little boy during church - walking up and down the hallways with the occasional attempt to sit inside a class. And obviously, that never lasted long.

Well, those days are O-V-E-R!


Last Sunday was Brighton's first day in nursery - hooray! I went in with him and sat there for a minute until the nursery leader told me that if he seemed okay, that sometimes a clean break was the best. He could have cared less if I was there or not, so after taking a few proud parent photos, I left. And then came the unexpected. Brian and I sat awkwardly in Sunday School wondering what to do with ourselves! Was it possible that we could actually sit there the entire two hours without having to corral anyone? Or pick up smashed cheerios and goldfish? Or having to keep saying "shhh..." because he repeatedly bursts out yelling, "UH-EYE" (his way of saying uh-oh) as a result of him purposely chucking one of his snacks into the air? I guess it is - at least for the last two hours anyway.


When we picked him up - the minute we opened the door he was right there - about two inches in front of a little girls face talking away. It was so funny and I wish I had taken a photo of it. He finally saw us and do you think he ran to us? Nope. Not only that but he was chanting a new word he learned while he was there for the two hours - BUB-BOWS!


He had a great day and I think he is going to love going every Sunday. And as Martha would say, "It's a good thing."








No comments: